Our policy is to ensure that a clear, logical and unambiguous process is set out, both for those who have a genuine grievance to raise or for those staff who may have had a complaint made against them.
This policy will specify four stages of action whereby any complaints can be dealt with:
- through a formal internal process,
- through the governing body,
- through the Secretary of State or the Ombudsman.
The aim of the policy is to ensure:
- Encourage the resolution of problems by informal means wherever possible
- Ensure that concerns are dealt with quickly, fully and fairly and within clearly defined time limits;
- Provide effective responses and appropriate redress;
- Maintain good working relationships between all people involved with the Academy.
The policy can be viewed on our Policies page here.
This policy should be read in conjunction with the DfE guidance on school complaints
Public Enquiries 0870 000 2288, http://www.education.gov.uk
This policy should also be read in conjunction with Mounts Bay Academy’s policies on
Safeguarding, Safer Recruitment and Whistle Blowing